This issue of Making a Difference! is brought to you by…
Health By Theresa
Send Us An Email
In this issue…
♦ What happens to your body when… ♦ 7 steps to form a new habit…
♦ 10 positive effects of losing excess weight… ♦ Still smoking? When you quit….
♦ What happens when you give up alcohol? ♦Your cells will rejoice when you eat clean!
♦ The many rewards of detoxing… ♦ How exercise improves everything!.
♦ Your body will appreciate… sle-e-e-p! ♦ Shaklee makes it easier!
♦ Sports enthusiast? Protect your skin the natural way…
♦ Supplements for healthy skin…
“Health is natural… disease is unnatural. Both may be fed by the food you eat! The choice of those foods is your responsibility. Eat foods that are rich in nutritional elements, and you will build strong, healthy cells. Eat altered, devitalized foods, and you will suffer from tissue cell starvation.”
~ Dr. Forrest C. Shaklee, Sr.
What happens to your body when…
Change is hard… sometimes really hard! Yet, most of us have a habit or two we’d like to drop or adopt, especially when it comes to our health. While we’re aware of the obstacles we face in order to change a habit, it helps to know the health benefits we will enjoy when we actually reach our goal.
So… what would you like to change for the better? Do you want to…
____ lose weight? ____ stop smoking?
____ stop drinking? ____ detox your cells?
____ start eating “clean”? ____ start exercising?
____ get more sleep?
What are the benefits you’ll see and feel when you accomplish the change you want to make? In this newsletter, we’ll explore these rewards.
And… we’ll also tell you about one more change that you can make immediately that will help you accomplish your goal(s) and magnify the health benefits you’ll receive. Do you know what it is? You guessed it! We’re going to tell you what happens to your body when you… start taking Shaklee!
7 steps to form a new habit…
Do you have habits you want to change or even eliminate? If so, where do you begin? Try this:
1) Identify the habit(s) you want to change.
2) Make the decision, and commit.
3) Discover your triggers and obstacles.
4) Devise a plan to accomplish your goals.
5) Employ visualization and affirmations.
6) Enlist support from friends and family.
7) Find healthy ways to reward yourself.
10 positive effects of losing excess weight…
Embarking upon a weight loss journey can be a challenge! So it helps if you know the myriad rewards that await you when you reach your goal… many of which will magically appear as you drop those pounds. Here are a few of the positive effects you will notice when you lose that excess weight:
1) Since excess weight can strain the adrenal glands and respiratory system, you’ll notice some relief from allergy and asthma symptoms.
2) Food tastes better because the hormonal shifts that take place during weight loss change the way taste receptors communicate with the brain.
3) Snoring and sleep apnea… often caused by excess weight around the neck… can vanish with a weight loss of just 5%.
4) When you start to lose belly fat and gain strength, you’ll want to exercise more… yea!
5) Your children will eat healthier simply because a parent’s weight loss has a “trickle-down” effect.
6) After people see that you’ve shed the pounds, they’ll want to come to you for advice! Be open about what worked for you… Shaklee 180!
7) After months of eating clean, sweets may no longer appeal to you. At the very least, you’ll automatically stop at just a bite or two.
8) The lighter you are, the healthier you’ll be, so you’ll probably be able to stop taking some medications like high blood pressure pills.* Losing weight lowers the odds you’ll need medications in the future, too!
9) Slimming down and cooking from scratch practically go hand in hand, so losing weight means improved kitchen skills, something your friends and family will also enjoy!
10) A leaner you means you’ll not only live longer you’ll stay healthier for life!
*Be sure to consult your doctor before weaning yourself off of any prescribed medications.
Still smoking? When you quit…
20 minutes… your pulse and blood pressure start to normalize and your hands and feet warm up.
8 hours… your oxygen level drops to normal because you have half the amount of nicotine and carbon monoxide in your blood.
12 hours… your heart stops pumping so hard because your carbon monoxide level is normalized.
24 hours… you’ve substantially lowered your chances of having a heart attack.
48 hours… your nerve endings start to heal and your senses of taste and smell come back. At the same time your lungs rid themselves of mucus and other toxins and there’s no more nicotine in your body.
3 days… you can breathe easier and have more energy.
2 weeks – 3 months… your lungs are stronger and clearer, your blood flow has improved.
3-9 months… you can take deeper, clearer breaths and have even more energy.
1 year… your lungs are almost back to normal!
Stress Relief Complex will make quitting easier!
What happens when you give up alcohol?
»» You’ll lose weight
»» You’ll sleep better
»» You’ll get sick less
»» Your digestion improves
»» Your liver will heal
»» You’ll stay more hydrated
»» Your skin will look better
»» You’ll feel less anxious
To help you quit, go on a 7-Day Healthy Cleanse and then continue with Liver DTX Complex.
Your cells will rejoice when you eat clean!
We all have heard about clean eating… cutting out processed, unhealthy ingredients and replacing them with simple, real ingredients prepared in healthy ways. Remarkable things start happening when you adopt this lifestyle:
It only takes 24 hours for you to start feeling the effects of eating clean. You’ll experience fewer junk food cravings, will have greater mental clarity and focus and hunger pangs will diminish.
In just 7 days, you’ll have far more energy and just naturally drop a few pounds as your sodium level drops. You’ll sleep better and have a more positive attitude because of the nutrients from better food choices.
After one month of eating clean, your skin will be clearer and more radiant, and cravings for junk food will disappear. Many previous health conditions such as migraines, digestive disorders or joint pain begin improving.
6 months after eating clean, your body will feel and function better than ever. Your cholesterol levels and blood pressure will normalize, your bones become stronger and your blood sugar level will balance out.
After one year of clean eating, your body will be healthier, stronger and less likely to become ill from any cause. Your craving for junk and fast food will be gone and you will no longer be tempted to revert back to your old eating habits.
The many rewards of detoxing…
Did you know that your body is always detoxing? Your liver, adrenal system, kidneys, gut, blood, and even your brain, are constantly working to remove free radicals, toxins and other waste.
You can support your body’s natural detox process with supplements. Start with a 7-Day Healthy Cleanse.
When you embark upon a detox program, this is what to expect:
1) At first you’ll be hungry and have cravings.
2) Initially, you’ll feel tired, sluggish and will experience “brain fog”.
3) As “bad” bacteria dies and “good” bacteria moves in, you’ll likely have some bloating.
4) Your emotions will fluctuate up and down because 90% of your seratonin and 50% of dopamine is produced in the gut.
5) You’ll be thirsty as your body wants to “flush” the toxins. But take heart…
6) Soon you’ll start having healthier, easier, bowel movements.
7) You’ll also notice clearer, hydrated-looking skin, shinier hair, and stronger nails.
8) As the toxins are flushed out, your mental clarity and memory improves.
9) As your sleep quality improves, you’ll have a lot more energy.
10) You start losing weight as the bloating fades.
11) At the end of your fast, you’ll have a vastly stronger immune system.
Worth it? You bet!
How exercise improves everything!
We know… starting and sticking to a regular exercise program is hard. But… the benefits are overwhelming:
Your heart will benefit from increase blood flow, sending more oxygen to your organs and muscles. Your blood pressure and cholesterol levels will normalize, lowering your resting heart rate.
Exercise improves muscle mass and tone, making them stronger and more attractive.
Physical activity increases blood flow to your brain, decreasing your risk of dementia.
Many studies suggest that the increase in circulation from exercise (and thus, antibodies and white blood cells) can increase immunity.
Exercise can stimulate your metabolism. Just make sure you change up your routine so your metabolism stays super-charged.
After a few workouts, your energy will surge and you’ll feel more productive.
Your body will appreciate… sle-e-e-p!
When you get enough vitamin Z-z-z-z…
>> you’ll be able to concentrate and focus.
>> your memory and mental health will be sharp.
>> your skin will become more radiant, and… no more baggy eyes!
>> you’ll have a lower risk of for heart attack, high blood pressure and stroke.
>> a normal weight is easier to attain and maintain.
>> your immunity will drastically improve.
Shaklee makes it easier!
Whether you are trying to lose weight, stop a bad habit, get more restful sleep or detoxify your body, taking Shaklee will maximize your efforts and make your challenge easier, as well! How?
If you’re trying to shed excess pounds, you’ll find the Shaklee 180 Program to be easy to follow, extremely effective, very healthy and, most of all, the permanent solution you’ve been seeking.
Should your goal be to stop smoking, you’ll be much less anxious if you take Stress Relief Complex, B-Complex, Chewable Vita-C and Lecithin for your nerves.
If you want to give up alcohol, a 7-Day Healthy Cleanse will start you off with a gentle detox while supporting and healing your liver. Continuing on Liver DTX, Optiflora DI and Vivix will help restore organ health.
To help you get more quality sleep, try taking both OsteoMatrix and Gentle Sleep Complex 20 to 30 minutes before bedtime. If pain is an issue, OmegaGuard and Pain Relief Complex will soothe aching muscles and other pain.
To support your new “clean” eating regimen, be sure to take Vita-Lea or Vitalizer to ensure you’re getting all of the nutrients you need.
Of course, you can jump-start all of these goals by embarking on a 7-Day Healthy Cleanse. In just one week, you’ll feel better… ready to overcome any obstacles on your quest for better health.
Sports enthusiast? Protect your skin the natural way…
Exercise has become a national pastime in America. While most of us exercise for cardiovascular health, getting out there and stretching our capabilities to the limit also improves digestion, encourages proper elimination, increases overall body strength, enhances flexibility, creates a higher metabolic rate, increases hormone production and improves bone density.
Exercise also increases circulation, which is good for the skin. But athletic stress, particularly if exercise is done outdoors, can take a toll on the skin. If not properly washed with a non-soap product like a Meadow Blend Bar or Enfuselle Moisturizing Shower Gel after heavy exercise, problems like acne or a foot fungus can develop due to the release of oils in combination with a buildup of bacteria.
Exercising in the sun can burn your skin, dry it out causing a wrinkled, leathery look, and can even cause skin cancer. Using Enfuselle SPF 30 for Body along with an YOUTH Moisturizer for your skin type will help prevent premature aging due to environmental extremes.
Supplements for healthy skin…
In addition to protecting your skin on the outside, these supplements will keep it youthful and healthy on the cellular level:
Sustained Release Vita-C for capillary strength and collagen production
CarotoMax for a beautiful, glowing complexion
B-Complex to improve the ability of the epidermis, the upper-most layer of the skin, to retain moisture
Alfalfa Complex to provide antioxidants and strengthen collagen
Zinc Complex for the synthesis of collagen